The 2014 meeting of the Molecular Graphics and Modelling Society was organised by Tell Tuttle, Hans Martin Senn and David Cheung at the University of Strathclyde. The theme of the meeting was “Modelling Molecules and Materials” and it was very well attended.
We were happy to be able to raise sponsorship from a variety of industry sources, which allowed us to invite an impressive array of international speakers, including:
- George C. Schatz (Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, USA)
- Darren Green (GlaxoSmithKline, Stevenage, UK)
- Jan H. Jensen (University of Copenhagen, Denmark)
- Markus Reiher (ETH Zürich, Switzerland)
- Jochen Blumberger (University College London, UK)
- Gábor Csányi (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Lynn Kamerlin (University of Uppsala, Sweden)
- Julien Michel (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Rebecca Notman (University of Warwick, UK)
- Chris Oostenbrink (University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences BOKU, Vienna, Austria)
- Johannes Kästner (University of Stuttgart, Germany)
All those who attended expressed their happiness with the running of the conference and this was due in large part to the contribution of the TuttleLab members in the run up to and during the conference. The students worked hard to ensure that the IT and catering arrangements all went off without a hitch and that all attendees had a hassle free experience.